TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

James Taylor...any fans?

Old 04-24-2008, 05:22 PM   #1
Libertine4Life
Dig Out Your Soul

Libertine4Life is a name known to allLibertine4Life is a name known to allLibertine4Life is a name known to allLibertine4Life is a name known to all
James Taylor...any fans?

I know absolutely nothing about him or his music, other than the fact i saw him on tv and i really liked the stuff he was playing. Reminded me a little of Ryan Adams' music at times.

Anyone know about his music?
Old 04-24-2008, 05:29 PM   #2
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute
Re: James Taylor...any fans?

His early stuff is great.

Especially the album Sweet Baby James.
I 100% reccomend it.

He also has a Greatest Hits that's really really good.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:31 PM   #3
Libertine4Life
Dig Out Your Soul

Libertine4Life is a name known to allLibertine4Life is a name known to allLibertine4Life is a name known to allLibertine4Life is a name known to all

awesome. cheers wok. loved a song he had called Copperline

downloading now
Old 04-24-2008, 05:33 PM   #4
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

Copperline is great.
So is Carolina In My Mind, Fire & Rain, Sweet Baby James, Country Road...

Lots of good stuff.
I've always thought Oh My Sweet Carolina was influenced by Taylor's Fire and Rain a bit.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:45 PM   #5
clewis
gangster

clewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud ofclewis has much to be proud of

I was pretty much raised on James Taylor and Clapton, so I like him.
Like wok said, that Greatest Hits record is really, really fantastic.
clewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:09 PM   #6
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

I have the Greatest Hits album as well. It's terrific. Fire and Rain is a song I will never grow tired of.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:36 PM   #7
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

Friendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by clewis View Post
I was pretty much raised on James Taylor and Clapton, so I like him.
Like wok said, that Greatest Hits record is really, really fantastic.
I was totally raised on James Taylor's music. Copperline and Walking Man are my favorites.

Make sure and check out his 2002 release "October Road". His voice is timeless.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:36 PM   #8
ewok.online
CATHERINE

And his gutiar playing is sometimes mind-bogglingly good.

What that man can do with 5 fingers is insane.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:38 PM   #9
littleamen

littleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewok.online View Post
His early stuff is great.

Especially the album Sweet Baby James.
I 100% reccomend it.

He also has a Greatest Hits that's really really good.
ditto that sentiment
littleamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:52 AM   #10
Faded Rose
You and Me Babe

Faded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to behold

Belated...James Taylor is awesome. Definitely start with Greatest Hits to get you into him. He's still good live apparently although I missed seeing him.