TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > General Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Beer

Old 11-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #1
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute
Beer

Current favorite:

hildegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:13 PM   #2
Magnolia Mountain
groupie incognito

Magnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to beholdMagnolia Mountain is a splendid one to behold
Re: Beer

I'm a fan of root beer, but the bf likes Coors Light.
Magnolia Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:18 PM   #3
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Our flagship beer, named after the hardworking neighborhood in which Lakefront Brewery was founded.

Pours a brilliant amber with a bubbly off-white head. Aromas of American hops mingle with a slight floral character from the German lager yeast. A balanced maltiness with just a hint of sweetness dominates the flavor, with a crisp hop bite in the finish. A joy to drink; no wonder it's Milwaukee's favorite craft beer.

Pair this beer with any good German entrée like schnitzel or rouladen and you'll have an instant hit. Ideal Serving Temp: 46-48° F
Old 11-20-2009, 12:20 PM   #4
wonderwheel

wonderwheel is a glorious beacon of lightwonderwheel is a glorious beacon of lightwonderwheel is a glorious beacon of light

coffee and beer??? i need to go to the liquor store later.
i, sadly, have cut back on the beer drinking. but when i do, its usually among these:
Spoiler:
fireman's #4

hacker pschorr

bell's

and i still enjoy the simple things:
wonderwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:21 PM   #5
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Honoring the eclectic East Side of the city, this Bavarian dark lager is a blend of three specialty grains, creating a rich, smooth, dark beer that anyone can enjoy.

Pours a clear, dark color with a nice off-white head. Hints of roasted malts find their way into the aroma, and form a pleasant background to the dark, rich flavor. The German lager yeast rounds out this brew with a smooth, complex finish. It's art in brewed form!

Beef dishes especially go well with this brew the roasted malt character stands up well to their rich flavor. Ideal serving temp: 48-50° F.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:22 PM   #6
Rob
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwheel View Post
coffee and beer??? i need to go to the liquor store later.
i, sadly, have cut back on the beer drinking. but when i do, its usually among these:
Spoiler:
fireman's #4

hacker pschorr

bell's

and i still enjoy the simple things:
I enjoy the middle two. Haven't had/heard of the first.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:25 PM   #7
wonderwheel

wonderwheel is a glorious beacon of lightwonderwheel is a glorious beacon of lightwonderwheel is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I enjoy the middle two. Haven't had/heard of the first.
made by real ale brewing in texas. they have a lot of good beers, but i can drink fireman's at any time.
i can't find any bell's beers down here.
wonderwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:01 PM   #8
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

my favorite if I'm just having a beer or two:
Spoiler:

They're local and make a great summer brew too.

I also like a hefeweizen with a slice of orange sometimes when I'm out.

If I'm drinking more than 1 or 2 beers, I drink something light and cheap like miller light, coors lite, bud light, etc.

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:03 PM   #9
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

hildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond reputehildegoat has a reputation beyond repute

I had an Anchor Steam this week, and it was pretty good. I'd have it again if I was looking for an amber.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:09 PM   #10
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

Friendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud of

Trolley House Trippel from Freestate Brewery in Lawrence, Kansas
http://freestatebrewing.com/beer/arc...+House+Trippel

They only brew it one or two months out of the year, but it's my favorite. Aaaand I just found out from the website that Freestate is going to start bottling. There is a god.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:16 PM   #11
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

Friendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud ofFriendly Fire has much to be proud of

I'd like to take a moment to point out the typo on Freestate Brewerys specials menu for the day:

Quote:
Maple Glazed Suck Breast $17.99
mmmm tasty
Old 11-20-2009, 01:17 PM   #12
hildegoat
Hank Loves You.

What is it supposed to be?

Duck? I was thing of a beer typo.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:19 PM   #13
Friendly Fire
Walking Around Sense

oh it's most definitely supposed to say Duck...classy
Old 11-20-2009, 01:30 PM   #14
Gibba
Team Massbag Member

Gibba will become famous soon enough

I'm a huge fan of west coast IPA's and get the chance to sample while I'm out west...here's my current favorite that is nowhere near the east coast. Best beer I've ever had - double IPA 8% ABV

Gibba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:37 PM   #15
robotulism
lamest gamer

robotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibba View Post
I'm a huge fan of west coast IPA's and get the chance to sample while I'm out west...here's my current favorite that is nowhere near the east coast. Best beer I've ever had - double IPA 8% ABV

Hey, Pliny!

That's from Russian River Brewery in my town.
If you ever get desperate maybe we could do a mailer or something. I have never seen it outside of here, is it sold in specialty stores or on the internet?
robotulism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:45 PM   #16
Gibba
Team Massbag Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotulism View Post
Hey, Pliny!

That's from Russian River Brewery in my town.
If you ever get desperate maybe we could do a mailer or something. I have never seen it outside of here, is it sold in specialty stores or on the internet?
I had it in a bar in Portland a few months back. I think it's primarily on the west coast.

I'd love to do some sort of mailer/trade thingy if possible. I tried searching online but Massachusetts does not allow online ordering/deliveries. Let me know if you would be up for something like that.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:46 PM   #17
robotulism
lamest gamer

robotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant future

My very favorite beer is called Death and Taxes from Moonlight Brewing company out here.

Otherwise I like most of the beer from Bear Republic, like Racer 5, Red Rocket (not a fan of the name, though) and Hop Rod Rye.

And just about every beer from Lagunitas out here as well. their IPA, Censored, the specialty brews (lately all Frank Zappa themed) and especially Brown Shugga (ABV 9.5% made with brown sugar and tastes soo good. Unfortunately I get so freaking hammered so quickly, but it's worth it.)
Old 11-20-2009, 02:04 PM   #18
robotulism
lamest gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibba View Post
I'd love to do some sort of mailer/trade thingy if possible. I tried searching online but Massachusetts does not allow online ordering/deliveries. Let me know if you would be up for something like that.
Well, shit. Why do I always forget that it is illegal to mail alcohol? Hmm, how can we get around this.
Massachusetts is pretty far way from PA, huh? Because those are the closest locations that serve Russian River beers to you.

I did searches for how to buy that online, but apparently all the online beer stores sell out of that faster than any other beer. I know you can't have it shipped there, but Mass is a tiny state, you must have friends that live outside it, right?
Old 11-20-2009, 02:10 PM   #19
robotulism
lamest gamer

Okay, so now I did more research and learned it is only illegal through USPS, and just simply violating rules through UPS or FedEx. So, sure, I can help you out with a nice bottle of "vinegar."
Old 11-20-2009, 02:21 PM   #20
Gibba
Team Massbag Member

Quote:
Okay, so now I did more research and learned it is only illegal through USPS, and just simply violating rules through UPS or FedEx. So, sure, I can help you out with a nice bottle of "vinegar."
hey you rock! I'd like as many bottles as you can ship (lol)...I can hit you up through paypal if that's cool
Old 11-20-2009, 05:05 PM   #21
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

Quote:
My very favorite beer is called Death and Taxes from Moonlight Brewing company out here.
They boy tried this on one of his recent visits and was a fan
I told him it was your favorite!

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:10 PM   #22
babyklipklop
blobby fish

babyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to behold

i used to like beer but something happened to me last year or so, that made me not like it anymore. it was nothing explicable...i just stopped liking it.

the only thing i drink that is remotely close to beer is raspberry lambic framboise.

babyklipklop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:31 PM   #23
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

This is my current beer of choice

It's produced by a boutique brewery up at Gosford.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:40 PM   #24
blueone

blueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud of

Meal in a pint.
blueone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:46 PM   #25
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

Fuck yeah, Guinness.

I'm currently drinking a Schell's Stout.

My two new favorite beers are Lazy Magnolia's Jackson Stout, and Yazoo Brew's "A Beer Named Sue."

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links