TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

What concerts are you going to in the near future?

Old 07-28-2011, 12:08 PM   #1
plath

What concerts are you going to in the near future?

Thought this would be a good idea for a thread - we can all talk about the concerts we hope to go and see in the upcoming months, post pictures and reviews!

Here's my upcoming list:

Prince
Andy Irvine (brilliant Irish folk musician)
Mark Kozelek
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah (in NYC woo-hoo!)

Very much looking forward to all four acts, hoping for a real improvement in CYHSY because I saw them at a music festival in 2007 and they were dire! I'm really only going to that concert because it's on in NY when I'm there.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:32 PM   #2
jrb_27

Re: What concerts are you going to in the near future?

my upcoming list is:

kurt vile
manchester orchestra
revival tour (brian fallon of the gaslight anthem, chuck ragan acoustic etc.)
wilco
incubus
bon iver
yuck

so a really great couple of months coming up for me. really stoked. i get a lot of gigs free though work too so i'm hoping to attend a few of the last dates in the itunes festival that's been playing all month here in london at the moment too.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:42 PM   #3
Corporal Brown

Corporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to all

That's a great list. I'm jealous! Nothing on the horizon for me right now.
Corporal Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:52 PM   #4
plath

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb_27 View Post
my upcoming list is:

kurt vile
manchester orchestra
wilco
incubus
bon iver
yuck

so a really great couple of months coming up for me. really stoked. i get a lot of gigs free though work too so i'm hoping to attend a few of the last dates in the itunes festival that's been playing all month here in london at the moment too.
Ooh, Bon Iver will be good. I missed out on tickets for him in Dublin.. I'm not too fussed on the new album tbh or I would have tried harderto get tickets. I think Kathleen Edwards is the UK/Ireland support act though, which will be awesome!
Old 07-29-2011, 11:20 AM   #5
jrb_27

[quote=jrb_27;695097]my upcoming list is:

kurt vile
manchester orchestra
wilco
incubus
bon iver
yuck
wye oak
superchunk

QUOTE]

got a couple more tickets today to wye oak and superchunk.

if ryan accounces this uk tour soon i'm going to be broke.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:55 PM   #6
J_Bizness

J_Bizness is a splendid one to beholdJ_Bizness is a splendid one to beholdJ_Bizness is a splendid one to beholdJ_Bizness is a splendid one to beholdJ_Bizness is a splendid one to beholdJ_Bizness is a splendid one to behold

I may go to Romantica
J_Bizness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:06 PM   #7
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

I might rape my bank acount for one of those Stephen Malkmus shows.
JackStark211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:54 AM   #8
nyf

nyf is a name known to allnyf is a name known to allnyf is a name known to allnyf is a name known to all

Seeing Steve Earle on September 17. Kurt Vile maybe in a week or so. Depends on If I have to work. Leo Kottke on August 6th.
nyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:14 AM   #9
plath

Thought I would post up some of the pictures I took at Prince last night.
The concert was AMAZING on so many levels. Prince is a genius and a superstar!
Here's the setlist if anyone is interested! http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/prince...-53d0a311.html

Old 07-31-2011, 09:15 PM   #10
foggy
dangerous when cornered

foggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud offoggy has much to be proud of

Very nice photos! Thanks for sharing them. I'm glad you had such a good time.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:33 AM   #11
burgerqueen
yeah, you've got me shakin

burgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to beholdburgerqueen is a splendid one to behold

Only thing I've got plans for at the moment is Alice Cooper in a couple weeks.
burgerqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:38 PM   #12
Life is a Pigsty

Life is a Pigsty will become famous soon enough

Nice piccies plath. I'm going to see Morrissey in London at the O2 Brixton and London Palladium this weekend and then I have The National in Edinburgh and Glasgow on the 23rd and 24th of August.
Life is a Pigsty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:32 PM   #13
robotulism
lamest gamer

robotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant futurerobotulism has a brilliant future

September 25th I'm going to the Russian River Blues Festival! It's practically in my backyard, and the day I'm going so far the lineup is B.B. King, Buddy Guy, and Jackie Greene! Yay!
robotulism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #14
plath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life is a Pigsty View Post
Nice piccies plath. I'm going to see Morrissey in London at the O2 Brixton and London Palladium this weekend and then I have The National in Edinburgh and Glasgow on the 23rd and 24th of August.
One of my best friends is heading over to see The National in Edinburgh - it's going to be a fabulous concert, I'm so jealous!
Old 08-03-2011, 01:37 PM   #15
sadie7
slow down

sadie7 is a glorious beacon of lightsadie7 is a glorious beacon of lightsadie7 is a glorious beacon of light

past...saw MMJ last night, I still love them
sadie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:25 AM   #16
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Make sure you empty any sausages out of your pockets before that Morissey show.

And enjoy the National. I want to see them again so bad. They said on their twitter they're coming back to Australia in November, hopefully they will add on New Zealand again too.
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:41 PM   #17
axround3r

axround3r will become famous soon enough

Just saw Further...

Going to ee My Morning Jacket this Friday
GOing to see The New Riders of the Purple Sage Aug 27
Old 08-09-2011, 01:47 PM   #18
Marty

Marty has a spectacular aura aboutMarty has a spectacular aura about

Saw Bon Iver last night...just jaw droppingly awesome!

and then crazy Pearl Jam week in September!
Pearl Jam in Toronto on September 11th and 12th
Pearl Jam in Hamilton on September 15th
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:38 AM   #19
plath

I saw Mark Kozelek on Saturday night past. He was really very good - voice and guitar playing were great and the set-list was a great mix of lots of songs from his extensive back catalogue. The audience were a real problem though and I would say that he's been put off playing Belfast for sure. People getting up, walking about, shouting requests, giving attitude to him.. it was uncomforable for sure. Kozelek is precocious at best but he kept it together ok. No huge outbursts from him. But still, it frustrates me when someone talented isn't given the respect deserved.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:50 PM   #20
Life is a Pigsty

Life is a Pigsty will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukin View Post
Make sure you empty any sausages out of your pockets before that Morissey show.

And enjoy the National. I want to see them again so bad. They said on their twitter they're coming back to Australia in November, hopefully they will add on New Zealand again too.
No sausages were found on my person
Can't wait to see The National. I saw them last November and was pleasantly surprised to see them heading back to Scotland again so soon

Also got a ticket for My Morning Jacket in November, they haven't been here in 5 years.
Life is a Pigsty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:58 PM   #21
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
No sausages were found on my person
Can't wait to see The National. I saw them last November and was pleasantly surprised to see them heading back to Scotland again so soon

Also got a ticket for My Morning Jacket in November, they haven't been here in 5 years.
Since I posted that comment about wanting to see the National again so bad I have booked flights to Australia and a ticket to the festival they're playing at. So I WILL be seeing them again!!! (That'll be my third time this year, and fourth time ever)

I'd like to see MMJ again. I saw them at a Festival back in 2009 and I had only just gotten into them at the time so wasn't familiar with any of the material except the stuff from Z.
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:02 PM   #22
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

Ryan Adams & Jason Isbell in SF, Santa Cruz, Big Sur, Sacramento, and Napa. Ok, it's not soon, it's October, but I'm excited.

I am going to see my friend from growing up, Aoife O'Donovan, play a venue here in SF next week. She is the lead singer of the band Crooked Still, but playing solo this time.

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:53 AM   #23
babyklipklop
blobby fish

babyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to beholdbabyklipklop is a splendid one to behold

Going to the Roxy to see Mr. Klop's band perform on Saturday night.

Going to the Serge Gainsbourg tribute* at the Hollywood Bowl on Sunday.

*Also, the singer from Faith No More is going to perform and I used to have a big crush on him.
babyklipklop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:56 PM   #24
littleamen

littleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Cienega View Post
Ryan Adams & Jason Isbell in SF, Santa Cruz, Big Sur, Sacramento, and Napa. Ok, it's not soon, it's October, but I'm excited.

I am going to see my friend from growing up, Aoife O'Donovan, play a venue here in SF next week. She is the lead singer of the band Crooked Still, but playing solo this time.
Love, love, love Crooked Still. I got to see them twice when I volunteered at The Cedar in Minneapolis and once right after I moved to Athens
littleamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:52 PM   #25
Corporal Brown

Corporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to all

I'm thinking about going to see The Lemonheads play the entire It's a Shame about Ray album and reliving a part of my teen years. The last time I saw them Evan Dando was pretty drunk, and it was just kind of sad after awhile. But, before it got too bad, I did get to strum his guitar from the floor while he changed chords for almost an entire song.
Corporal Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links