TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Gross Town > Ryan Adams Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Is he alright?

Old 11-20-2018, 04:20 PM   #51
Durk

Durk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Is he alright?

Ryan produced these guys/gal
i like it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=Qpx9i6vH4to
Durk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 11:14 PM   #52
The Black Map
Parallel Lines

The Black Map will become famous soon enough

Popped into my head today - that lyric from that Phoebe Bridgers song "and why do you sing with an English accent". In what song did he ever sing with an English accent?
The Black Map is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 11:45 PM   #53
sleigher

sleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Map View Post
Popped into my head today - that lyric from that Phoebe Bridgers song "and why do you sing with an English accent". In what song did he ever sing with an English accent?
good question - maybe 'shallow' - it gets pretty dead on oasis and his voice does some liamesque things at times
sleigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:03 AM   #54
Knotnow

Knotnow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleigher View Post
good question - maybe 'shallow' - it gets pretty dead on oasis and his voice does some liamesque things at times
There were a couple times on the Love is Hell album where I thought I noticed it. On Anybody Wanna Take Me Home at the beginning and the title track when he sings “God what have I been drinking...” “It’s raining I can see it outside...”. I don’t know why, but those have always sounded a bit like an English accent, Is it just me? I guess those would’ve been recorded around the same time as Shallow too. Heck, the the first song I mentioned is on Rock and Roll as well.

Last edited by Knotnow; 11-21-2018 at 08:08 AM..
Knotnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:39 AM   #55
thebambino

thebambino is a jewel in the roughthebambino is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
almost the entirety of love is hell, i’ve always found it kind of annoying.
Old 11-21-2018, 11:16 AM   #56
gavinm

gavinm has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
That completely baffled me. Couldn't think of any examples where I thought he had
gavinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 03:03 PM   #57
The Black Map
Parallel Lines

The Black Map will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebambino View Post
almost the entirety of love is hell, iíve always found it kind of annoying.
Interesting, looking through the tracklist I can't find one, except maybe City Rain, City Streets.
The Black Map is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 06:28 PM   #58
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, it looks like he relapsed.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 06:41 PM   #59
andyo812

andyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of light

interesting he thanked Ďthe programí

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andyo812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 06:43 PM   #60
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, he didn't do that before, right?
Old 11-22-2018, 07:12 PM   #61
thebambino

Quote:
Interesting, looking through the tracklist I can't find one, except maybe City Rain, City Streets.
the title track is pretty overwhelming as well.
Old 11-22-2018, 08:40 PM   #62
andyo812

andyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of light

not sure Tim. although Stop is for sure a reflection on going to meetings

Old 11-22-2018, 08:42 PM   #63
andyo812

also, good for him. made me happy to read that tweet

Old 11-22-2018, 09:52 PM   #64
Loveishello86

Loveishello86 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
what makes you think that? thanking the program?
Loveishello86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 10:15 PM   #65
Tim Simmons

And the emphasizing staying sober
Old 11-23-2018, 07:33 AM   #66
Durk

Durk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of light

he's thankful for the program.
he's working a program
he's sober
my heart felt very happy to see that tweet as i went to bed last night on Thanksgiving.
this is very good news.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:18 PM   #67
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
Bummer for the guy.
Old 11-27-2018, 11:03 PM   #68
thebambino

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
Bummer for the guy.
agreed, but relapsing is part of the whole thing...just hope he can center himself so he can get back to what he deserves to be.
Old 11-28-2018, 11:46 AM   #69
gavinm

gavinm has a spectacular aura about

Whilst I want to hear news of new music I'm glad he's off social media. I assume the recovery and help he's getting insists on that but I hope it continues.
gavinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 07:32 PM   #70
andyo812

Ry and Don Was were on Toddís instagram story today.

The track playing on the Was clip sounded nice.

Old 12-19-2018, 02:47 PM   #71
andyo812

i was driving last night and listening to some of the live acoustic vids from the Prisoner cycle and it led me to think a bit about how insanely good I think the next record could be. Kind of thinking that sobriety and the seeming healing heís going through would have to influence the writing and content.

Hard to put into a post but Im just super optimistic for the new record, hopefully it comes to fruition soon and Ryan can continue on a path of wellness.

Old 12-19-2018, 06:16 PM   #72
Durk

[quote=andyo812;826400]i was driving last night and listening to some of the live acoustic vids from the Prisoner cycle and it led me to think a bit about how insanely good I think the next record could be. Kind of thinking that sobriety and the seeming healing heís going through would have to influence the writing and content.

Hard to put into a post but Im just super optimistic for the new record, hopefully it comes to fruition soon and Ryan can continue on a path of wellness.

nice thought but i've been kind of thinking the opposite.
that he will scrap or at least indefinitely shelve the stuff he's just done for 'big colors' - as it was recorded while he was in a bad period, like during 'blackhole.'
and i wonder if he hasn't just moved on too far in thought- and feeling- from 'prisoner II'
who knows man. i've really missed his posts and new music obviously- but just want him to be well and build a strong foundation- which it seems like he's taking the time to do.
to me- it would be the perfect time after the new year to release blackhole- then go from there.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:19 PM   #73
Dan33185

Dan33185 is just really niceDan33185 is just really nice

It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't release anything in 2019, or tour.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:41 AM   #74
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

[quote=Durk;826402]
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyo812 View Post
i was driving last night and listening to some of the live acoustic vids from the Prisoner cycle and it led me to think a bit about how insanely good I think the next record could be. Kind of thinking that sobriety and the seeming healing heís going through would have to influence the writing and content.

nice thought but i've been kind of thinking the opposite.
that he will scrap or at least indefinitely shelve the stuff he's just done for 'big colors' - as it was recorded while he was in a bad period, like during 'blackhole.'
and i wonder if he hasn't just moved on too far in thought- and feeling- from 'prisoner II'
who knows man. i've really missed his posts and new music obviously- but just want him to be well and build a strong foundation- which it seems like he's taking the time to do.
to me- it would be the perfect time after the new year to release blackhole- then go from there.
I'm worried about that myself. I really was looking forward to Prisoner II and Big Colors.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:19 PM   #75
LoadedLikeFreights

LoadedLikeFreights will become famous soon enough

Yeah, I'm kind of in agreement with Durk. Seems more likely he'll shelve whatever he was working on before and start something totally new once he's doing better. Always hard to tell from instagram clips, but it certainly sounded good and a bit different. I was recently listening to "Baby I Love You" and remembered he had another similar-type clip he posted that sounded great.

We're obviously all rooting for him and he should do what's best for his health. Whether or not we'll prefer what he's done vs what might come next is hard to say
LoadedLikeFreights is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links