TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music > 2018 Albums Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Soccer Mommy - Clean (3/2)

Old 01-11-2018, 10:30 AM   #1
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute
Soccer Mommy - Clean (3/2)

So i just heard of her the other day when she dropped her new single Listen Here. Anyway she put out an EP last summer. Its really great stuff. She did a bunch of lofi home recordings so its got that loose jangly feel, but she writes songs that remind me of Exile era Liz Phair. Anyway. My first discovery for the year and she kills it.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:26 PM   #2
sleigher

sleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to allsleigher is a name known to all
Re: Soccer Mommy - Clean (3/2)

just listened to for young hearts - nice find!
sleigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:29 PM   #3
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, check out the Collection EP too.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:46 AM   #4
Tim Simmons

guys, hop on this train now before it leaves the station.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:08 PM   #5
Tim Simmons

New chune

Old 01-29-2018, 09:20 PM   #6
an old love letter

an old love letter is a glorious beacon of lightan old love letter is a glorious beacon of lightan old love letter is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
New chune

Damn this is good
Old 02-01-2018, 09:55 PM   #7
GoodSkanky
Still Dreaming Wide Awake!

GoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond reputeGoodSkanky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by an old love letter View Post
Damn this is good
Nice. Cool tune.
GoodSkanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:52 PM   #8
oscarfuentes77

oscarfuentes77 is a glorious beacon of lightoscarfuentes77 is a glorious beacon of lightoscarfuentes77 is a glorious beacon of light

With the money from selling Live At Rough Trade, I bought this on clear vinyl, the new Wye Oak, and the Limbeck S/T reissue. Thanks for linking this, it's so up my alley I'm being robbed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
oscarfuentes77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 10:44 AM   #9
andyo812

andyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of light

So good. Shes on tour with Phoebe B so Im hoping to catch the Chicago show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andyo812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:45 AM   #10
Tim Simmons

I have to be out of town. Would love to be at schubas for that.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:55 PM   #11
andyo812

andyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of lightandyo812 is a glorious beacon of light

Should be a good show. Actually never been to Schubas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andyo812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:04 PM   #12
Tim Simmons

best venue in the city (soundwise v. intimacy). Lincoln Hall is close second. Those dudes know how to design a venue. They should sell them the Aragon and let them fix it up.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:22 AM   #13
Tim Simmons

New song up on the streaming services
Old 02-22-2018, 08:33 AM   #14
Tim Simmons

Streaming

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/22/58724...er-mommy-clean
Old 02-26-2018, 11:20 AM   #15
Tim Simmons

Just got my LP in the mail.

Love this record. I think it kinda gets meh near the end of the first side, but the second half may be stronger than those first 3 songs. Scorpio Rising and Your Girl are so fucking good.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:01 PM   #16
an old love letter

an old love letter is a glorious beacon of lightan old love letter is a glorious beacon of lightan old love letter is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
Just got my LP in the mail.

Love this record. I think it kinda gets meh near the end of the first side, but the second half may be stronger than those first 3 songs. Scorpio Rising and Your Girl are so fucking good.
Scorpio Rising is incredible
Old 03-15-2018, 02:40 PM   #17
Tim Simmons

heh, now she's opening up for Liz Phair. Who will be playing Exile. Crazy.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:03 PM   #18
tdlansdale

tdlansdale is an unknown quantity at this point

How is the lead guitar on the album?

I only heard of this artist because of the lead guitarist, Julian Powell. Probably around 2010, he did music reviews on YouTube as thatmusicshowjp. He was a young kid who talked pretty in depth on bands like The Strokes, etc. He got older and deleted all of those videos, but then started putting out music. I will check this band out sooner or later.
tdlansdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 11:46 AM   #19
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Heard a song today on my way to work. I'll be looking her up after work.
Old 06-26-2018, 03:29 PM   #20
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
Heard a song today on my way to work. I'll be looking her up after work.
Not a bad idea.
Old 06-26-2018, 04:33 PM   #21
Tim Simmons

Pro move Jack
Old 06-27-2018, 10:47 AM   #22
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

How are her other releases?
Old 06-27-2018, 12:18 PM   #23
Tim Simmons

Just as good. Maybe a bit more lo-fi.
Old 07-07-2018, 07:59 AM   #24
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

This album is really good. Enjoyed it alot
Old 07-07-2018, 07:33 PM   #25
Tim Simmons

Nice
Sponsored Links