Old 02-08-2019, 03:00 PM   #151
Loveishello86

Loveishello86 can only hope to improve
Re: Is he alright?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebambino View Post
i didn’t listen to it...pretty bad?
it wasnt good, he comes off as a sociopath

Last edited by Loveishello86; 02-08-2019 at 03:07 PM..
Loveishello86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 03:25 PM   #152
thebalvenie
fenk povitive!!! :)

thebalvenie is a name known to allthebalvenie is a name known to allthebalvenie is a name known to allthebalvenie is a name known to allthebalvenie is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveishello86 View Post
it wasnt good, he comes off as a sociopath
good listen
worth it.

he's a fuckin weirdo
give it a listen bambina
thebalvenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 04:36 PM   #153
sycamoretree

sycamoretree is an unknown quantity at this point

I listened to the whole thing. He’s giving away $600 vintge t-shirts and bragging about it what? and then the comment he supposedly said about “how are you doing with your millions? Now I see he has limited his Instagram comments and seems to have someone erasing ones that were posted that were negative - I imagine that his team and capital records are in full damage control and are trying to get that blog taken down ASAP.
sycamoretree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 04:53 PM   #154
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelhousetunes View Post
Am I the only one that would like this thread totally removed?

Take me back to the days when I got my music/artist news from the radio or Hit Parader.
this thread has bottomed out. I mean, some stuff earlier I don't think was over the line. There was concern. Now its just trashy gossip.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 05:00 PM   #155
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
this thread has bottomed out. I mean, some stuff earlier I don't think was over the line. There was concern. Now its just trashy gossip.
Yep.
Old 02-08-2019, 05:40 PM   #156
Durk

Durk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
agreed
Durk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 08:25 PM   #157
wednesdays

wednesdays is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
Yep.
Says the guy with the trashiest GIF of all time.
wednesdays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 05:56 AM   #158
carocat

carocat is an unknown quantity at this point

Those girls are pathetic. He might have not acted good but thatís not a reason to tell that on a podcast. I am a girl
And I have been ghost before and I have told that to my friends but I would never do it on a pod. They could have talked about red flags on guys behaviours in general but expose anyone like that is absolutely pathetic.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
carocat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 07:45 AM   #159
steve_xo

steve_xo is an unknown quantity at this point

Listened to the whole thing. Not sure what to make if it really. I didnít think he came off too badly, maybe just sad and lonely. Kate is clearly bitter about the whole thing and being ghosted but I donít think he did too much wrong there. Ericaís story was a bit more concerning because of the comments on sobriety and how quickly he got attached. Given all of the MeToo scandal I donít think he did too much wrong. He wasnít abusive to them (they said he was always complimentary) and itís not like he took advantage of them. He clearly needs to carry on with therapy and get himself better and not get so hung up about having a woman in his life.
steve_xo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 03:30 PM   #160
carocat

carocat is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_xo View Post
Listened to the whole thing. Not sure what to make if it really. I didnít think he came off too badly, maybe just sad and lonely. Kate is clearly bitter about the whole thing and being ghosted but I donít think he did too much wrong there. Ericaís story was a bit more concerning because of the comments on sobriety and how quickly he got attached. Given all of the MeToo scandal I donít think he did too much wrong. He wasnít abusive to them (they said he was always complimentary) and itís not like he took advantage of them. He clearly needs to carry on with therapy and get himself better and not get so hung up about having a woman in his life.

I have been ghosted before and it hurst. But I would have never thought about putting it on a podcast. (Just tired my roommate with the story...)

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
carocat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 03:44 PM   #161
roshea999
Mr. Garth.

roshea999 has a spectacular aura about

Kinda worried about him again. He was relentless on IG over the weekend.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I hope he's doing ok.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 12:20 AM   #162
I dont care
I don't care even less

I dont care is just really niceI dont care is just really nice

I expected the stories about drug use and self centered behavior, but if all this is true, he follows social media and texts like a teenage girl. He is a 44 year old man who cares about social media and texts feelings. Seriously this guy needs an intervention.

Last edited by I dont care; 02-12-2019 at 12:30 AM..
I dont care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:12 AM   #163
andyo812

andyo812 is a jewel in the roughandyo812 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
Kinda worried about him again. He was relentless on IG over the weekend.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I hope he's doing ok.

yeah, same. i havenít been on here or social media much recently but listened to 15 minutes or so of this podcast and itís just pretty scary tbh.

Many addicts are addicts of all sorts, ie Love, Drugs, Alcohol, Self destructive behavior. Iíve toed this line and itís a beast. I really hope he is actually going to AA and has a solid support system. Iím pulling for him.

Also the first rule of being a comedian is tell everyone youíre a comedian and the second rule is start a podcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
andyo812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:57 AM   #164
Loveishello86

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyo812 View Post
yeah, same. i havenít been on here or social media much recently but listened to 15 minutes or so of this podcast and itís just pretty scary tbh.

Many addicts are addicts of all sorts, ie Love, Drugs, Alcohol, Self destructive behavior. Iíve toed this line and itís a beast. I really hope he is actually going to AA and has a solid support system. Iím pulling for him.

Also the first rule of being a comedian is tell everyone youíre a comedian and the second rule is start a podcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i think it was kinda hard to believe that he was a recovering addict but was only doing weed. Not to say there was anything wrong with that but judging from his actions and outbursts over the last few years, i think it was more obvious that he relapsed to something harder. He seems to be really looking for validation though.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:21 PM   #165
happyhead

happyhead is on a distinguished road

As a longtime Ryan Adams agitator, I sadly have to say that I have his back on this one. That podcast is nothing more than two bitter exes griping about their ex, the kind of thing that should be done at a bar or over a bottomless mimosas LA brunch, not on a podcast. The host...well...it's pretty obvious what happened. He liked her and thought she was attractive. They dated for a while. Then he grew annoyed with her (as we all did after five minutes of the podcast) and broke it off. Then she went all psycho stalker (listen to what she's saying...driving past his studio, warning off people she sees flirting with him on social media, etc) so he ghosted her, as you will. The other guest, I mean, they never even slept together. So they hung out a few times. She wasn't into his partying and clingy nature, so she kept her distance, and he realized this and moved on. There's no MeToo moment here, no abuse or treachery, just adults going about their complicated romantic entanglements. So to go on a podcast and blow up the man's privacy by exposing his drug use and emotional issues is just a complete, spiteful cheap shot and it's a great thing this didn't catch on with the press beyond the RA message boards. So there you have it. For once in my life. I stand with you, Ryan.
happyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:14 PM   #166
Loveishello86

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhead View Post
As a longtime Ryan Adams agitator, I sadly have to say that I have his back on this one. That podcast is nothing more than two bitter exes griping about their ex, the kind of thing that should be done at a bar or over a bottomless mimosas LA brunch, not on a podcast. The host...well...it's pretty obvious what happened. He liked her and thought she was attractive. They dated for a while. Then he grew annoyed with her (as we all did after five minutes of the podcast) and broke it off. Then she went all psycho stalker (listen to what she's saying...driving past his studio, warning off people she sees flirting with him on social media, etc) so he ghosted her, as you will. The other guest, I mean, they never even slept together. So they hung out a few times. She wasn't into his partying and clingy nature, so she kept her distance, and he realized this and moved on. There's no MeToo moment here, no abuse or treachery, just adults going about their complicated romantic entanglements. So to go on a podcast and blow up the man's privacy by exposing his drug use and emotional issues is just a complete, spiteful cheap shot and it's a great thing this didn't catch on with the press beyond the RA message boards. So there you have it. For once in my life. I stand with you, Ryan.
very true, well put
Old 02-12-2019, 03:09 PM   #167
Knotnow

Knotnow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Completely agree. I thought it was pretty shitty on these girls part and I definitely got the same vibe about the host and thought it was glaringly obvious what went down even though she appears to think she is making herself look good. She came off as extremely immature and obsessive to me. She says “this is not a revenge podcast” when it obviously is.

She was so annoying, I didn’t even bother to finish listening. It was no secret he was going through a hard time/relapse around when all this transpired. Her putting it all out there isn’t going to help things any.

Last edited by Knotnow; 02-12-2019 at 04:21 PM..
Knotnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:13 PM   #168
Whatever_etc7

Whatever_etc7 is an unknown quantity at this point

I regret to have listened to this podcast.
From the start I didnīt liked the attitude of the host-comedian which made me cautious to believe her words at all. She sounds frustrated as in the end she got dumped by Ryan.
The other guest-comedian dumped Ryan and seemed to be in the end still more concerned about her ex-boyfriend....

I donīt say that Ryan is an angel, either. But, itīs sad if Ryan relapsed, again.
I donīt know what parts of the stories are true or not.
I guess business is hard. Anyway listening to this podcast was in the end I think a waste of time and I will avoid those comedians. They didnīt win me as a fan of them.
Actually, Iīm disturbed of listening so much immature behaviour.
I hopefully will avoid in the future gossip!
Does the show have to go on?
Whatever_etc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:34 PM   #169
thebalvenie
fenk povitive!!! :)

thebalvenie is a name known to allthebalvenie is a name known to allthebalvenie is a name known to allthebalvenie is a name known to allthebalvenie is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever_etc7 View Post
I regret to have listened to this podcast.
From the start I didnīt liked the attitude of the host-comedian which made me cautious to believe her words at all. She sounds frustrated as in the end she got dumped by Ryan.
The other guest-comedian dumped Ryan and seemed to be in the end still more concerned about her ex-boyfriend....

I donīt say that Ryan is an angel, either. But, itīs sad if Ryan relapsed, again.
I donīt know what parts of the stories are true or not.
I guess business is hard. Anyway listening to this podcast was in the end I think a waste of time and I will avoid those comedians. They didnīt win me as a fan of them.
Actually, Iīm disturbed of listening so much immature behaviour.
I hopefully will avoid in the future gossip!
Does the show have to go on?
not a good podcast and won't give it another listen or subscribe. but ryan's a douche narcissist....no bad podcasting will ever take that away from him.
thebalvenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:07 PM   #170
Durk

Durk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of lightDurk is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
spot on
Durk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 05:51 PM   #171
folkjam

folkjam will become famous soon enough

He has repeatedly changed the caption on his latest Instagram post to threaten to quit and cancel all of his tours. He just did an Instagram live where he flipped off a test pressing of the new album and said he didn't give a fuck. So I'm sure everything's fine.
folkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:14 PM   #172
miked331

miked331 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkjam View Post
He has repeatedly changed the caption on his latest Instagram post to threaten to quit and cancel all of his tours. He just did an Instagram live where he flipped off a test pressing of the new album and said he didn't give a fuck. So I'm sure everything's fine.
The latest one says heís canceling everything except MSG. So heís clearly joking but also clearly all over the place

Hope heís ok
miked331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:27 PM   #173
OhMySweetCumbria

OhMySweetCumbria is an unknown quantity at this point

Also caught the Instagram live and the rapid Instagram recaptionings - I’m pretty shocked his UK tour hasn’t sold out already.
Anyone else notice a link between the UK tour announcement and turn in how he’s acted on social media, which has led to us discussing his wellbeing? Prior to the announcement I thought he was doing great, and he did some great Instagram lives and album promoting on social media.
Since the UK tour went on sale I just think he must have been disappointed by the reception it got - he’s releasing 3 albums this year, it’s well documented the difficulties he faces when touring, and he promoted the shows as the biggest he’s done. Hell, I’d be disappointed if I were him, having put in the work and all. The Royal Albert Hall second show in particular seems to be a big deal, hoping that sells out soon as I’m sure they’ll be targeted as the shows he’s most looking forward to.
In all, just hoping he’s ok and he’s got a good support group around him.
OhMySweetCumbria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:55 PM   #174
miked331

miked331 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMySweetCumbria View Post
Also caught the Instagram live and the rapid Instagram recaptionings - Iím pretty shocked his UK tour hasnít sold out already.
Anyone else notice a link between the UK tour announcement and turn in how heís acted on social media, which has led to us discussing his wellbeing? Prior to the announcement I thought he was doing great, and he did some great Instagram lives and album promoting on social media.
Since the UK tour went on sale I just think he must have been disappointed by the reception it got - heís releasing 3 albums this year, itís well documented the difficulties he faces when touring, and he promoted the shows as the biggest heís done. Hell, Iíd be disappointed if I were him, having put in the work and all. The Royal Albert Hall second show in particular seems to be a big deal, hoping that sells out soon as Iím sure theyíll be targeted as the shows heís most looking forward to.
In all, just hoping heís ok and heís got a good support group around him.
There does seem to be a correlation. Even last week someone asked if he was doing Australia and he replied he canít afford it and doesnít have fans there or something like that
miked331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:56 PM   #175
folkjam

folkjam will become famous soon enough

Yeah, the rollout for this has been extremely ambitious and it wouldn't surprise me if his new manager came in and promised the world to him. If he's really playing Madison Square Garden, I have no idea how he'd ever sell it out, unless he's talking about the smaller theater.

He's clearly struggling, but I've been a pretty dedicated fan for nearly two decades, and I've lost count over how many meltdowns he's had. Maybe I'm being cold and pessimistic, but I've learned to just accept this as a big part of who he is, and trust that he'll bounce back, however temporary. It's a bummer, though. I commented on Instagram that if he's serious about walking away, to just do it and figure out what makes him happy. Totally well meaning, but I anticipate being blocked.
folkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links