TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Ghost Town > Justin Townes Earle Discussion
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

JTE back on tour

Old 11-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #1
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of
JTE back on tour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbLdK...ayer_embedded#!
Old 11-08-2012, 07:36 PM   #2
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of
Re: JTE back on tour

Old 11-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #3
GILMORE104
Moo

Old 11-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #4
GILMORE104
Moo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RPF2...feature=relmfu
Old 11-09-2012, 08:35 AM   #5
littleamen

littleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to beholdlittleamen is a splendid one to behold

It's a treat to hear him playing with a full band these days. I'll always miss the days of just he and Cory Younts though.
littleamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #6
GILMORE104
Moo

His best lineup was he, Bryn Davies and Amanda Shires.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #7
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

He still buds with Isbell?
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #8
GILMORE104
Moo

I think so, yeah.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #9
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

A whole bunch of Australian dates just announced. No doubt there will be a few New Zealand ones to follow - there always are. I love that he seems to get down here at least once a year.

Feb 2 Theatre Royal, Castlemaine, AUS
Feb 3 Corner Hotel (w/Robert Ellis & Elizabeth Cook), Melbourne, AUS
Feb 5 The Basement, Sydney, AUS
Feb 6 Coogee Diggers, Coogee, AUS
Feb 8 Heritage. Thirroul, AUS
Feb 9 Milton Theatre, Milton, AUS
Feb 10 The Annandale Hotel, Sydney, AUS
Feb 13 Lizottes Newcastle, Newcastle, AUS
Feb 14 Porteno Restaurant, Sydney, AUS
Feb 15 Capitol Theatre, Tamworth, AUS
Feb 16 Star Court Theatre, Lismore, AUS
Feb 17 Byron Bay Community Centre, Byron Bay, AUS
Feb 19 Old Museum, Brisbane, AUS
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #10
GILMORE104
Moo

I would too, if I could.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #11
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

I saw JTE last night at The Chapel in San Francisco. He played a daytime set at the Bottlerock Festival in Napa then came down to SF for what was billed as a solo show but he played most of the set with a guitarist. Several songs solo too. It was really good, though a lot different than some previous shows I've seen. He seemed to be in fairly good shape -- didn't look really unhealthy or fucked up as I have seen him at times. Is he sober now? He made some reference I only half caught that made me think he might be. He certainly wasn't drinking anything but water on stage last night.

He made several references to a new album he's planning to work on. Didn't give any real time frame but said soon. Played several new songs. The first had a working title "Single Mothers" (refrain about single mothers, handsome fathers, broken homes) and before it he said something about him and Jason Isbell having a running bet about which one of them will be able to write an album with no mommy and daddy issues first. That song was alright. I really liked the second new one he played. He didn't give a title but it went something like "I've suffered for your foolish heart and your desperate needs / Now I'm older and you're slipping farther from me..."

He also said he'd recently been reworking a lot of his older tunes that were more country to make them more bluesy. Said he'd been neglecting some of the older stuff. He was playing most everything last night at a pretty mellow pace with a bluesy tone. Hardly anything sounded at all like the album versions.

He started "Who Am I to Say?" which he said he hadn't played in a while, but he couldn't remember the lyrics and aborted that one. Did several covers, including Tom Petty's Down South.

The end.

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #12
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

I think weed is his only vice right now.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links