TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music > Album Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Bruce Springsteen - The Seeger Sessions

Old 10-26-2006, 06:48 PM   #1
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute
Bruce Springsteen - The Seeger Sessions

Thought I was going to hate this, but its much better than it probably has a right to be. It has a real "having a laugh and few beers" vibe to it, which suits the style of music and the band are fabulous.

Let down a little by some poor song selection - Froggy Went A Courtin is a joke no matter who's singing it.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:43 AM   #2
blueone

blueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud of
Re: Bruce Springsteen - The Seeger Sessions

I love it.

And the tour was absolutley motherfeckin' awesomely fantastical.
blueone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:24 PM   #3
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueone View Post
I love it.

And the tour was absolutley motherfeckin' awesomely fantastical.
God, I wish he'd toured Australia with that show. I would have loved to hear something like Jacob's Ladder played live.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:33 PM   #4
blueone

blueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud ofblueone has much to be proud of

Aw lady, they played that tune when I went! It was awesome. The whole band was just having fun... everyone except the drummer and pianist (that leaves 16 people) all got on the front of the stage in a big group, boogying, playing solos, smiling, dancing, swaying, singing, laughing. It was one of the highlights of the whole show. The band felt whole.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:36 PM   #5
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Ah, so jealous. Sounds fantastic. That band sounded like they were having a party on the album - I can only imagine how fantastic they sounded live. And Springsteen always knows how to put on a show.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:40 PM   #6
blueone

Does anyone else find themselves coming back to this over and over again? I'd go as far as to say it's one of his best albumns. I think it's the rustic feeling that's got me hooked.

Has anyone watched the DVD that came with the American Land edition? That studio was great. The brass guys were at the foot of the stairs.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:36 AM   #7
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Does anyone else find themselves coming back to this over and over again? I'd go as far as to say it's one of his best albumns. I think it's the rustic feeling that's got me hooked.

Has anyone watched the DVD that came with the American Land edition? That studio was great. The brass guys were at the foot of the stairs.
Haven't seen the DVD but I do still enjoy the album. I still have to skip Froggy though and I could have done without Old Dan Tucker. I wouldn't rank it as one of his best personally, but those two songs aside; it's a very good piece of work.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:43 AM   #8
blueone

Personally, I would have preferred a re-recorded version of We Shall Overcome with the band.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:52 AM   #9
Sydneyfan
Evil wimmin powers

Quote:
Personally, I would have preferred a re-recorded version of We Shall Overcome with the band.
We Shall Overcome is a little underdone for me as well.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:17 PM   #10
Jacoby
My Jaw Hurts

Jacoby will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyfan View Post
Haven't seen the DVD but I do still enjoy the album. I still have to skip Froggy though and I could have done without Old Dan Tucker. I wouldn't rank it as one of his best personally, but those two songs aside; it's a very good piece of work.
old dan tucker rules! Man, i love that song! Its teh sex!
Jacoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links