TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Music > Album Discussion
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Stereophonics - Pull the Pin

Old 09-04-2007, 07:07 PM   #1
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute
Stereophonics - Pull the Pin

Decent.

Better than the last album. But note to Kelly, remember acoustic guitars can still be used in rock music. Try to remember it for the next album.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:47 PM   #2
sipowicz
When We Looked Like Giants

sipowicz is a name known to allsipowicz is a name known to allsipowicz is a name known to allsipowicz is a name known to allsipowicz is a name known to all
Re: Stereophonics - Pull the Pin

I don't even know when the album is out in the states...

I didn't hate "Language. Sex. Violence. Other?" at all, I thought it was quite good, "Dakota" and "Rewind" are two of my favorite songs by them, period.

Anyone know when this one hits the states????
sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:20 PM   #3
Tim Simmons

Tim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond reputeTim Simmons has a reputation beyond repute

It will probably be out digitally on Oct 2nd, the day after it goes onsale in the UK.

They may put it out on their own label like Live from dakota. We'll see. No word yet.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:20 PM   #4
Tim Simmons

I wish we had bank holidays here in the States.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:31 PM   #5
Tim Simmons

Actually it seems they pushed the album back 2 weeks. But no US release date.

I'm sure it will be out before the end of the year.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:33 PM   #6
sipowicz

sipowicz is a name known to allsipowicz is a name known to allsipowicz is a name known to allsipowicz is a name known to allsipowicz is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Simmons View Post
Actually it seems they pushed the album back 2 weeks. But no US release date.

I'm sure it will be out before the end of the year.
God does that suck...
Old 09-14-2007, 07:19 PM   #7
Libertine4Life
Dig Out Your Soul

Libertine4Life is a name known to allLibertine4Life is a name known to allLibertine4Life is a name known to allLibertine4Life is a name known to all

are stereophonics popular at all in the states?

im sorry but i think they've gone awful since the first two albums, which are probably both in my top 20 albums of all time. i think its a shame. im fed up of hearing crap albums by them and hoping the next one is better. even their live show isnt half as good anymore. Morfa Stadium 1999 (i think), i was there - amazing.
Libertine4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 08:10 PM   #8
sipowicz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine4Life View Post
are stereophonics popular at all in the states?

im sorry but i think they've gone awful since the first two albums, which are probably both in my top 20 albums of all time. i think its a shame. im fed up of hearing crap albums by them and hoping the next one is better. even their live show isnt half as good anymore. Morfa Stadium 1999 (i think), i was there - amazing.
Really?? Just Enough Education to Perform is my favorite by them, love love love it. Not the biggest fan of Word Gets Around, sorry.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:57 PM   #9
Tim Simmons

They aren't really popular. They play clubs for a few hundred.

I have to say, I think their first 4 albums are great. They only lost the plot with the last one. This one picks up the slack a bit, but I think JEEP and You Gotta Go There are great. I love the 70's rock vibe. Especially on JEEP.

I do miss Kelly's story songs though.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:39 AM   #10
Libertine4Life
Dig Out Your Soul

Libertine4Life is a name known to allLibertine4Life is a name known to allLibertine4Life is a name known to allLibertine4Life is a name known to all

yeah. theres a song on the first album, (Goldfish Bowl??) where he gives stories about people in his small town, such a good song. i can relate coz im from the same place, well, not far anyway
Libertine4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links