TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > General > Ghost Town > Ryan Adams Blog
FAQDonate Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

attention "HEARTBREAKR"

Old 12-29-2008, 03:10 AM   #1
Feeds

Feeds will become famous soon enough
Red face attention "HEARTBREAKR"

I am not Kasey Casum and this is not the Top Twenty countdown but, Heartbreakr askerd me this so I will share. Also Heartbreakr ( a fellow tumblr) also posted a picture of myself as well as a video Mandy had made back in the day. the song moved me to tears. Seriously. thank you. x

He or She wrote;

Ryan,

While youíre doing some New Yearís self-improvmentÖ *

I know you have hearing problems, and Iím wondering if youíre doing anything to slow down the damage to your ears. *You need those things. *Are you taking care of Ďem?

Personally, Iíd rather die of lung cancer at age 70 than lose my hearing in my 30s when Iíve dedicated my life to making songs. *

Just worried about you.

ME- Hi there.

Um, first of all I followed the re-blog to your site. That song broke me down and in a really good way. That is a real honest to goodness angel singing that song. I think about my friend so so much.

As far as my hearing goes, I will tell you a little but I will not go into it all the way here right now.

I have lost most of my hearing in my left ear. And I have lost a considerable amount in my right but my right is better.

It is not fixable. It will only get worse as time goes on. I will possibly be deaf in one ear possibly both. I donít know how long I have. And it was nothing I did that caused it. Something happened and it is undetermined exactly what so I cannot be angry with anyone. I kind of know where or when it happened though. I remember things going wrong afterwards.

Anyway, something is wrong in there. And I donít know everything yet and neither did they.

I am just doing what I can.

Donít worry. I will be okay no matter what.

Thanks for asking and thanks for kind of leaning me into that video. I love it and what is not to love really.

R

More...
Feeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:25 AM   #2
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future
Re: attention "HEARTBREAKR"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feeds View Post
I have lost most of my hearing in my left ear. And I have lost a considerable amount in my right but my right is better.

It is not fixable. It will only get worse as time goes on. I will possibly be deaf in one ear possibly both. I donít know how long I have. And it was nothing I did that caused it. Something happened and it is undetermined exactly what so I cannot be angry with anyone. I kind of know where or when it happened though. I remember things going wrong afterwards.
That is sad. I know if I was to lose my hearing I would be seriously depressed.
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:28 AM   #3
ffarff

ffarff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukin View Post
That is sad. I know if I was to lose my hearing I would be seriously depressed.
id rather give up my hearing than my eyesight.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:40 AM   #4
lukin
I'm talking ace

lukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant futurelukin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffarff View Post
id rather give up my hearing than my eyesight.
No way for me. I would miss watching good films, and seeing people that I love, but for me I think the lack of sound would be way more of a barrier to communicating with people than visuals.

Also, the whole music thing, without it I don't think I'd want to live. I could still go to live shows if I was blind (sometimes I close my eyes at shows anyway - when I saw Ryan lasy year I imagine that's what a blind person's experience of a show would be like - hopefully the lighting will be a bit better this time around)
lukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:11 AM   #5
ailema

ailema is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Also, the whole music thing, without it I don't think I'd want to live. I could still go to live shows if I was blind (sometimes I close my eyes at shows anyway - when I saw Ryan lasy year I imagine that's what a blind person's experience of a show would be like - hopefully the lighting will be a bit better this time around)
I just wanted to point out that most legally deaf people still enjoy music and many still go to shows.
ailema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:12 AM   #6
ffarff

ffarff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
when I saw Ryan last year I imagine that's what a blind person's experience of a show would be like - hopefully the lighting will be a bit better this time around)
hahah true.

you can still write and do sign language.
I think im a visual sort of lad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ailema View Post
I just wanted to point out that most legally deaf people still enjoy music and many still go to shows.
vibrations? thats always the best bit of live music for me. feeling the speaker in your ribs etc.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:53 AM   #7
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

roxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to behold

I'm losing my hearing, although not as badly as Ryan seems to be, and it's not fun. Mine is from having swimmer's ear so much as a child that my eardrums have tiny little holes in them.
roxy031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:51 PM   #8
Faded Rose
You and Me Babe

Faded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to behold

This is one thing that I do feel for him about. That must be so difficult for him and it must worry him.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #9
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

roxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to beholdroxy031 is a splendid one to behold

True. I can imagine how worried I'd be if my career depended heavily on my hearing.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:55 PM   #10
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

I have a hard time believing the extent of his hearing problem
Old 12-29-2008, 01:56 PM   #11
Karl Does Kansas

Karl Does Kansas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I have a hard time believing the extent of his hearing problem
His hearing is fine.
Karl Does Kansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:56 PM   #12
tangledup

tangledup is a jewel in the roughtangledup is a jewel in the rough

I wonder about that too. He seems to be taking it very well and considering he doesn't really take much well I'm suspicious.
tangledup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:59 PM   #13
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Does Kansas View Post
His hearing is fine.
I guess that settles it then
Old 12-29-2008, 01:59 PM   #14
Faded Rose
You and Me Babe

Faded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to beholdFaded Rose is a splendid one to behold

I believe that his hearing is bad.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:00 PM   #15
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

I don't know what to believe.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:01 PM   #16
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

However... I found this suspicious.

Quote:
It is not fixable. It will only get worse as time goes on. I will possibly be deaf in one ear possibly both. I don’t know how long I have. And it was nothing I did that caused it. Something happened and it is undetermined exactly what so I cannot be angry with anyone. I kind of know where or when it happened though. I remember things going wrong afterwards.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:03 PM   #17
tangledup

It's all so vague - (no talk of pain, or popping etc.) I thought that was a weird statement too.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:03 PM   #18
bruit
Yo Fat Chow

bruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to behold

He might be confusing himself with George Bailey from 'It's a Wonderful Life'.
bruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:04 PM   #19
Karl Does Kansas

I know it's fine because I can hear it.
A blind man would know.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:08 PM   #20
Faded Rose
You and Me Babe

I thought he said he had Meniere's disease at one stage?

Karl I don't understand your cryptic comment again.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:12 PM   #21
Karl Does Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faded Rose View Post
I thought he said he had Meniere's disease at one stage?

Karl I don't understand your cryptic comment again.
I could use ewok's help here.
How is David's hearing in your opinion, wok?
Old 12-29-2008, 02:17 PM   #22
tangledup

Are you saying because of his singing?
Old 12-29-2008, 02:18 PM   #23
roxy031
Barkley Loves You.

That's what I was thinking, because he sings fine
Old 12-29-2008, 02:20 PM   #24
Karl Does Kansas

It's everything he does that goes through your ears.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:31 PM   #25
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future

is Karl on drugs today?

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links