TBY Forum

Go Back   TBY Forum > Ryan Adams > Tour Discussion > Archive > 2011
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Wiki Arcade Photos Mark Forums Read

The Consert House - Malmö, Sweden (June 13, 2011)

Old 03-16-2011, 09:09 AM   #1
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute
The Consert House - Malmö, Sweden (June 13, 2011)

The Consert House
Malmö, Sweden
June 13, 2011

Setlist

01. Oh My Sweet Carolina
02. Don't Fail Me Now
03. Firecracker
04. Damn Sam (I Love a Woman That Rains)
05. I Taught Myself How to Grow Old
06. New York, New York
07. Invisible Riverside
08. ENGLISH GIRLS APPROXIMATELY
09. Dirty Rain
10. Winding Wheel
11. If I Am A Stranger
12. Let it Ride
13. Desire
14. Cannonball days

Encore: 6 new songs......

15 "you go sailing through the sky"+ ghosts ... something
16 "and the river she cried"
17 "we didn't ... she never coming back, like we did, waited all night"...
18 "talking about the chains of love"
19 "remember ... wild and young..."
20 "we built this house"

Last edited by Sydneyfan; 06-13-2011 at 06:25 PM..
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:22 PM   #2
La Cienega
la la la la la

La Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant futureLa Cienega has a brilliant future
Re: The Consert House - Malmö, Sweden (June 13, 2011)

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee he played English Girls! And Cannonball Days!

Magnolia Mountain : We'll be an approved fansite in no time, thanks to La's rack!

last.fm
La Cienega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:27 PM   #3
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Played some new songs too apparently.
Sydneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:29 PM   #4
Sydneyfan

Sydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond reputeSydneyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Also Ryan flat out stopped a song during the encores to tell a guy to stop filming.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:32 PM   #5
Sydneyfan

Kind of a mixed review

Quote:
I have very mixed feelings. Some of the old stuff is done really well. Some isn't. Frankly I think Ryan have done most of the older songs better on previous tours. That doesn't mean most of them weren't good tonight.

As for the new songs a couple are really good but some are not really up to his usual standards.

As for stage appearance/banter/taking too long between songs this seems pretty much like it always has been. For good and worse.

Don't misunderstand. I liked the show. I look forward to seeing it tomorrow. I actually prefer acoustic Ryan over electric. Don't think it was among the best I've seen Ryan though.

For the setlist. NY NY was the only song on the piano.

Only one phone incident. Stopped Ashes and Fire after a couple of lines. 'Can you see me staring at you. Put that away. This is between me and these guys'

And oh yeah if you are a 7 foot tall Norwegian seller of vintage guitars you may pass on getting this show if it ever becomes available.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:43 PM   #6
Corporal Brown

Corporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to allCorporal Brown is a name known to all

I would love to hear "English Girls." That's one of my favorites. I hope he doesn't get derailed by the taping thing. Stay focused, Ryan!
Corporal Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #7
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

"This is between me and these guys."

That's what I meant in the other thread. It's called an "intimate experience" for a reason.

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
ewok.online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:26 PM   #8
Sydneyfan

Set list posted at beginning at thread
Old 06-13-2011, 07:54 PM   #9
suzfoldsfive
Phantom Eyes

suzfoldsfive is just really nicesuzfoldsfive is just really nice

Awesome shows

and i'm not gonna break, but if i do
i'm gonna shatter like the glass i turned your heart into

Last edited by suzfoldsfive; 06-15-2011 at 07:26 AM.. Reason: .
suzfoldsfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:18 PM   #10
GILMORE104
Moo

GILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud ofGILMORE104 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzfoldsfive View Post
I am dying to hear these shows! Wonder why he's cutting off recording and video. What about the rest of us who don't live in Europe?!
See previous discussion.

Fantastic looking set. No Whiskeytown :-( but Winding Wheel makes up for it. Also looks really heavy with new stuff. Wish I coulda been there.

Also, I agree, Keep focused Ryan! In the words of my dad: "Keep your eye on the main chance, and don't stop to kick every barking dog along the way"
Old 06-14-2011, 01:06 AM   #11
JackStark211
The King Of The Cocklords

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewok.online View Post
"This is between me and these guys."

That's what I meant in the other thread. It's called an "intimate experience" for a reason.
Yeah, but Ryan seems to ruin this when he destroys a song in the middle y pointing fingers at a fan who paid some money to see him and enjoy him in the first place. I think it is awkward to hear him to pull this stunt on tape so I can't even grasp how it feels in person. I am accustomed to people around me holding up phones and he should just try and get over it. He has a good reason for being against taping, but he is being a cry baby.
JackStark211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:09 AM   #12
JackStark211

JackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to beholdJackStark211 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GILMORE104 View Post
Also looks really heavy with new stuff.
Hopefully someone taped it.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:14 AM   #13
bruit
Yo Fat Chow

bruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to behold

This almost makes me cry with jealousy. English Girls.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #14
Rob
Administrator

Rob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond reputeRob has a reputation beyond repute

Did he play it upbeat?
Old 06-14-2011, 10:17 AM   #15
ewok.online
CATHERINE

ewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond reputeewok.online has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStark211 View Post
Yeah, but Ryan seems to ruin this when he destroys a song in the middle y pointing fingers at a fan who paid some money to see him and enjoy him in the first place. I think it is awkward to hear him to pull this stunt on tape so I can't even grasp how it feels in person. I am accustomed to people around me holding up phones and he should just try and get over it. He has a good reason for being against taping, but he is being a cry baby.
I dunno, man. I concede that in this day and age, it's a given that shit ends up on youtube or whatever. But I also think he has a right to be annoyed about it. Anyone who's ever played knows how annoying it is to have people talking the whole time or doing things that take away from the performance. And I'm not saying "take attention away from the performer," it's that the SONG isn't getting the attention it deserves.

And he also has a right to try and keep these special. This is the first time he's done shows in this format and of this caliber in a LONG time, so if he's gonna put something together down the road, I can wait.

Faith restored, stay out of the fucking canyon, climb down from the goddamn plateau.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:21 AM   #16
bruit
Yo Fat Chow

bruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to beholdbruit is a splendid one to behold

I am a crybaby too
Old 06-14-2011, 10:22 AM   #17
Rob
Administrator

I don't agree with him stopping a song to yell at an audience member. He's a professional.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:24 AM   #18
ewok.online
CATHERINE

Yeah, stopping the song is whack, but so is the guy taping when he's made it clear he's not okay with it. Though maybe that person doesn't read the boards.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:30 AM   #19
Rob
Administrator

Yeah, the venue will have to put up signs if he doesn't want photography or video recording. Their security will then have to be on patrol.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #20
sadie7
slow down

sadie7 is a glorious beacon of lightsadie7 is a glorious beacon of lightsadie7 is a glorious beacon of light

But all the phones up and recording certainly does take away the intimate feeling a bit, they are just so distracting.
sadie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:13 AM   #21
bruit
Yo Fat Chow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I don't agree with him stoppingtimong to yell at an audience member. He's a professional.
Agreed. I doubt many others do that. Sometimes I think he is just

a power tripper.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:19 AM   #22
JackStark211

Quote:
Though maybe that person doesn't read the boards.
But I thought everyone reads his boards???
Old 06-14-2011, 11:20 AM   #23
JackStark211

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadie7 View Post
But all the phones up and recording certainly does take away the intimate feeling a bit, they are just so distracting.
I went to a Sunny Day Real Estate reunion tour in 2009 and felt the same way until I got home and was able to relive the show from a really good quality youtube video.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #24
ewok.online
CATHERINE

In a world where you can youtube and facebook and vimeo and etc everything, the importance of a visceral experience is lost.

I don't like it.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:33 AM   #25
JackStark211

Quote:
In a world where you can youtube and facebook and vimeo and etc everything, the importance of a visceral experience is lost.

I don't like it.
At the Sunny Day Show the guy captured a new song that might never be released. I did like that.

And honestly, since I can no longer catch as many shows as I would like these days I find it nice to be able to see my favorite bands rock out on video. To each his/her own though.
Sponsored Links

Tags
sweden